Fall 2016 Tour - Midwest Rendezvous in Iowa
Chapter member John Swanson is proposing an event to take place in September. It will be an opportunity for Chicago and Illinois AROC members to meet up with members from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Missouri and other chapters for a three day event of touring eastern Iowa and its historic sights. This mini-convention will explore many little known and unexpected sights and driving roads - a great opportunity to tour with other Alfa Owners, and to get to know them and their cars.
Dates - September 23-25, 2016
• $95 for the driver
• $65 for second or more passengers (includes Saturday banquet)
• Saturday full-day tour | $25 per vehicle
• Half-day tour | $15 per vehicle
• “Grant Wood” spouses & partners tour | $20 per person
To register go to www.Over-the-top-tours.com
• Stay in Cedar Rapids at the AAA 4-Diamond teaching hotel on the campus of Kirkwood Community College
• Opening Reception/Banquet (dinner included in your registration fee)
• Saturday Full-day drive “Mississippi River Bluffs & Iowa’s Scenic By-Ways”
• Sunday Half-Day Drive “From Amish Communities to the Amana Colonies” with optional closing lunch in the Amana’s
• For spouses or non-driving partners “Grant Wood’s American Gothic”, visit the studio where it was painted and view the largest collection of his works.
- Noon – 5pm Registration at Hotel/Conference Center
- Optional Afternoon Activities beginning at 1:30
- Drive to Iowa City to visit the University of Iowa’s National Advanced Driving Simulator
- Spouses/Partners Tour “Grant Wood’s American Gothic Close-Up”
- 6:30pm — Welcome Reception (cash bar) on the Hotel Patio or Lobby Bar
- 7pm — Dinner (included in your registration fee)
- Full-Day Drive (9-5) “Mississippi River Bluffs via Iowa’s Scenic By-Ways” with a lunch stop at Breitbach’s, Iowa’s oldest continuously operating restaurant and bar having been open since August 23, 1852.
- Morning Half-Day Tour “From Amish Communities to Amana Colonies”with lunch in the Amana’s
- Homebound around 1pm